Employee in event management - Expo 2020 Dubai
For the Swiss Pavilion at the next World Expo in Dubai we are offering from 12 October 2020 to 13 April 2021 the position of Employee in event management.
Your activities will be:
- Detailed planning, preparation and realisation of different events in the House of Switzerland (corporate events, concerts, sponsors’ events, etc.)
- Drawing up, updating and checking an event plan, an event calendar and a checklist for the organised events
- Operational and logistic preparation (filling goodie bags, preparing VIP gifts, etc.) as well as arranging facilities for events and rearranging them afterwards (seating, catering, branding, etc.), partly in cooperation with the catering team
- As required, welcome and accompaniment of the VIP guests and participants at events
- Coordination and liaison with technical systems, partners, suppliers, agencies and internal functions
- Handling and updating event and contact lists
- Preparation of deployment rosters for the team
- Participation in the evaluation of the events
- Administrative tasks in the field of event management
Ideally, you can offer:
- Extensive experience in event or organisation management
- Experience in project and/or event work in the international context would be an Advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or German and/or French
- Very good user knowledge of MS Office
- Manifest skill in organisation and coordination
- Ability to work autonomously, with a sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- Friendliness and the ability to keep calm under pressure, even in hectic situations
- Reliability, team spirit and stamina
- Willingness to take on additional tasks spontaneously outside of your contractual field of activity
- Smart appearance, customer-focused and assured manner
General conditions of employment:
- Your train ticket from place of residence to the airport and back is paid
- Your flight from Zurich to Dubai and back is organized and paid
- Accommodation (shared apartment/bathroom) is provided
- Lump-sum payment of CHF 1’800 / month / 12 / 100%
- Swiss resident living in Switzerland or foreign resident with residence permit in Switzerland: employment in accordance with Swiss regulations. Berne is the place of jurisdiction.
- Foreign resident living not in Switzerland: employment in accordance with United Arab Emirates regulations. Abu Dhabi is the place of jurisdiction.
- You work shifts, also on weekends. 45/h week.
- 10 vacation days
- Uniform is organized and provided
Does this job appeal to you? Do you think you have the necessary commitment and energy to help make the Swiss Pavilion at the next World Expo to a success?
If this sounds like a job for you, we look forward to receiving your full application, which should include a cover letter describing your motivation, your CV and work references, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 April 2019.
If you want to have a look at our other job offers, click here.
Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA
General-Secretariat GS-FDFA, Presence Switzerland
Head of Human Resources and Logistics