Communication manager - Expo 2020 Dubai
For the Swiss Pavilion at the next World Expo in Dubai we are offering from 1 January 2020 to 31 May 2021 the position of Communication manager.
In this function, you will be a member of the communication and public relations team and will work closely with the Head of communication and public relations for the Swiss Pavilion.
The job involves the following:
- Implementation of communication and public-relations measures according to the communication strategy
- Compiling and generating content for the different communication channels with focus on social media in consultation with the Head of communication and public relations
- Composing and drafting texts in English, German and French (including texts for the media dossier, the website, social media, the daily programme and so on)
- Support in the preparation of the tender for communication agency
- Managing the assigned communication agency in the daily business
- Leading a team of six employees during operations (including administrative and personnel matters such as the preparation of deployment rosters for the team or the)
- Support for the planning, preparation and holding of media conferences
- Realization of media tours in the Swiss Pavilion
- Taking care of the media hotline and media representatives
- Handling and updating media lists
- Coordination and liaison with partners, suppliers, agencies, technical systems and internal functions
- Administrative tasks in the field of marketing, communication and public relations
- Participation in the evaluation of marketing and communication measures
- Writing the final report
Ideally, you can offer:
- Professional experience in the field of communication, marketing or public relations
- Professional experience in the international context would be an advantage
- An education (in progress or completed) in the field of communication, marketing or public relations
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or German and/or French
- Very good user knowledge of MS Office
- Affinity to social media
- Grasp for editorial work
- Experience in leadership
- Manifest skills in organization
- Ability to work autonomously, with a sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- Friendliness and keeping calm under pressure, even in hectic situations
- Reliability, team spirit and stamina
- Smart appearance, customer-focused and assured manner
General conditions of employment:
- Your train ticket from place of residence to the airport and back is paid
- Your flight from Zurich to Dubai and back is organized and paid
- Accommodation (single apartment/bathroom) in Dubai is provided
- During operation period you work shifts, also on weekends
- Pro-rata vacation days
- Uniform is organized and provided
- Swiss resident living in Switzerland or foreign resident with residence permit in Switzerland: employment in accordance with Swiss regulations. Berne is the place of jurisdiction.
Does this job appeal to you? Do you think you have the necessary commitment and energy to help make the Swiss Pavilion at the next World Expo to a success?
If this sounds like a job for you, we look forward to receiving your full application, which should include a cover letter describing your motivation, your CV and work references, by email to: email@example.com by 19. April 2019.
If you want to have a look at our other job offers, click here.
Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA
General-Secretariat GS-FDFA, Presence Switzerland
Head of Human Resources and Logistics