Employee in communication and public relations - House of Switzerland Tokyo 2020
For the House of Switzerland at the Summer Olympic and Paralymic Games 2020 in Tokyo, we are offering from 14 July 2020 to 9 September 2020 the position of Employee in communication and public relations.
In this function, you will be a member of the communication and public relations team of the House of Switzerland and work closely with the communication coordinator.
The job involves the following:
- Implementation of communication and public-relations measures (media work, social media, promotions and events)
- Composing and drafting texts in English and ideally Japanese (including texts for the media dossier, the website, social media and so on)
- Compiling and generating content for the different communication channels with a special focus on social media
- Compiling, preparing and distributing media dossiers
- Realization and assistance of media tours in the House of Switzerland
- Taking care of the media hotline and media inquiries
- Handling and updating media and contact lists
- Coordination and liaison with technical systems, partners, suppliers, agencies
- Participation in the evaluation of marketing and communication measures
- Administrative tasks in the field of marketing, communication and public relations
Ideally, you can offer:
- An upper-secondary-school leaving certificate at 'matura' / baccalaureate level or equivalent, as well as professional experience in the field of communication, marketing or public relations
- Very good knowledge of English, Japanese and German and/or French.
- Affinity to social media
- Grasp for editorial work
- Very good user knowledge of MS Office
- Manifest skills in organization
- Ability to work autonomously, with a sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- Friendliness and keeping calm under pressure, even in hectic situations
- Reliability, team spirit and stamina
- Willingness to take on additional tasks spontaneously outside of your contractual field of activity
- Smart appearance, customer-focused and assured manner
- An education (in progress or completed) in the field of communication, marketing or public relations would be an advantage
- Professional experience in the international context would be an advantage
General conditions of employment:
- Workplace: House of Switzerland Japan 2020 in Tokyo
- Your train ticket from place of residence to the airport and back is paid
- Your flight to Tokyo and back is organized and paid
- Your fares within Tokyo are paid
- Accommodation (single room/bathroom) is provided
- You work shifts, also on weekends 40h/week on 5 working days
- Lump-sum payment gross of CHF 1’500/month or JPY 164’000/month
- Swiss resident living in Switzerland or foreign resident with residence permit in Switzerland: employment in accordance with Swiss regulations. Berne is the place of jurisdiction.
- Japanese or foreign resident with residence permit for Japan: employment in accordance with Japanese regulations. Tokyo is the place of jurisdiction.
Does this job appeal to you? Do you think you have the necessary commitment and energy to help make the House of Switzerland at the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics a success?
If this sounds like a job for you, we look forward to receiving your full application, which should include a cover letter describing your motivation, your CV and work references, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 January 2020.
Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA
General-Secretariat GS FDFA, Presence Switzerland
Head of Human Resources and Logistics