Presence Switzerland as part of the FDFA, implements the Federal Council’s international communication strategy and is responsible for promoting Switzerland abroad as an open, innovative country with a strong creative economy.
It fulfills this mandate with various communications tools. One of these is the House of Switzerland (HoS), a communication and networking platform at international events such as the Olympics. Designed to be a meeting place for Swiss athletes, sports enthusiasts and curious minds HoS invites visitors to experience and discover Switzerland by celebrating sports as well as engaging
in commercial and cultural activities.
In this spirit, the Federal Council has decided that at the 2022 Beijing Olympic and Paralympic Games two Houses of Switzerland will be implemented. One in downtown Beijing and one in the mountainous Zhangjiakou.
At the next House of Switzerland at the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, we are offering from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022 the position of Administrative assistant.
The job involves the following responsibilities
- Administrative support for the management team
- Preparation of shift plans
- Independent processing of written and telephone inquiries in Chinese, English, German, French or Italian
- Taking meeting minutes
- Supporting the preparation and staging of events
- General administrative duties
- General operative support
- During the operational period: leading a team of two administrative staff members
Ideally, you can offer
- A commercial or equivalent qualification and professional experience
- Highly developed skills in the use of MS Office programs
- Good knowledge of Chinese and very good knowledge of at least one Swiss national language and English
- Organizational flair
- The ability to work independently and with a sense of responsibility
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- A friendly attitude and the ability to handle stress even in hectic situations
- Reliability, a team attitude, stamina and patience
- Willingness to take on additional tasks spontaneously outside the agreed job description
- A neat appearance, natural customer-orientation and self-confidence in dealing with others
- Previous work experience in/with China
General conditions of employment
- Workplace October 1st 2021 to approximately December 31st 2021: Presence Switzerland, Berne
- Workplace approximately January 1st 2022 to 31st March 2022: House of Switzerland China 2022 in Beijing
- Train ticket to the airport and back is paid
- Flight to Beijing and back is organized and paid
- Commuting fares (only for business) within China are paid
- Accommodation (single room/ single bathroom) in Beijing is provided and paid
- During operation period, shifts work 41.5h week / 100% (incl.weekends)
- Vacation days according to Swiss Code Obligations
- Swiss resident living in Switzerland or foreign resident with residence permit in Switzerland: employment in accordance
Do you think you have the necessary commitment and energy to help make the House of Switzerland at the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics a success?
If so, we look forward to receiving by May 15th 2021 your full application, including a motivation letter, your CV and work references to: email@example.com
Head of Human Resources and Logistics
Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA
General-Secretariat GS FDFA, Presence Switzerland