VACANCY - House of Switzerland Japan 2020
Sept. 1st 2019 to Sept. 30th 2020
Presence Switzerland - Embassy of Switzerland in Japan
Presence Switzerland (PRS) is an agency of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. It is responsible for managing Switzerland’s official presence abroad and for implementing the Federal Council’s strategy on Switzerland’s communication abroad. Its tasks include transmitting general knowledge about Switzerland, as well as a portrayal its diversity and attractiveness.
PRS orchestrates major international events such as the Swiss Pavilion at world expos and the House of Switzerland at mega sports events. For the House of Switzerland Japan 2020 (www.houseofswitzerland.org) at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games we are looking for an event coordinator.
- Tender for technical event agency and other companies. Coordination and liaison with the technical systems.
- Acting as contact person for local authorities (permits / authorizations), suppliers, event agencies and other companies.
- Providing support for employment contracts, organizing meetings and locals business trips
- Organizing events (corporate or sponsors’ events, concerts, etc.), incl. arranging of facilities (in cooperation with the catering team), managing contact lists and R.S.V.P., welcoming VIP guests and participants, as well as creating or updating event plan, calendar and checklists.
- During the Games, leading a team of five event employees in tasks specifically related to this event, as well as in administrative and personnel matters.
- Participating in the evaluation of the events.
- Providing general support to the Project Manager, incl. handling of ad hoc tasks.
- Extensive experience in project- and event-management ideally in an international context.
- At least one year working experience in Japan, coupled with a good knowledge of both Japanese and English language.
- Experience in leadership, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A friendly, pro-active attitude, with a sense of responsibility, attention to detail and ability to work autonomously.
- Strong team spirit and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent user knowledge MS Office applications.
- Smart appearance, customer-friendly and assured manner.
- Willingness to be working shifts, also on weekends during the operation period and to take on additional tasks spontaneously outside of your contractual field of activity.
- A workplace at the Swiss Embassy in Tokyo in Minami Azabu (5 minutes’ walk from the various public transportation stations)
- Salary according to the Embassy’s stipulations, plus 100% matching Japanese social security plan, 4 weeks paid vacation and some Japanese and Swiss holidays.
Does this job appeal to you? Do you think you have the necessary commitment and energy to help make the House of Switzerland Japan 2020 a success?
If so, please send your application with a motivation letter, along with your CV and work references, to email@example.com by Feb. 15th 2019.
Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA
General-Secretariat GS FDFA, Presence Switzerland
Head of Human Resources and Logistics